A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

R3: Day 29 of Not Eating Out

Interestingly, after cutting out coffee and sugar, I've noticed a faster change and have lost 2 lbs this week. Same thing with losing centimeters - the only thing that changed is that I've avoided coffee and chocolate.

I think that I do need to start with a meal plan, so will start the FB Meal Plan this upcoming weekend and will start to meal prep.

I want to try a plan because I have far too much food waste. I don't think I'll need that many snacks, but I'm definitely motivated to actually follow a plan in order to get into meal prepping and see if following a plan leads to feeling healthier.

I'm also doing this because it's SO much cheaper to make food. I'm setting up a food Budget for myself for July and put it at 500 for the month. Instead, I spent almost 20x for eating out versus grocery shopping. Even with inflation in grocery stores being high, inflation from healthier restaurants is far too much. And as sad as it sounds, it was almost all on sandwiches until I bought bread and started making my own sandwiches. I think I will replace the FB Meal Plan to have sandwiches for lunch.

I felt pain at the grocery store to shell out that much, but I never do when I eat out, probably because it's a smaller amount, just repeated on a daily cadence. I feel bad when I have to throw away food that's expired, but it's still cheaper to throw expired mushrooms and make plans to avoid that the next week.

Edited