Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! Wrist-Friendly Desk Break Vinyasa Flow

After several requests for a hands-free flow, I am thrilled to share this wrist-friendly Vinyasa Yoga flow that is not only hands-free, but offers an opportunity for some feel-good wrist-therapy! Meet me on the mat for a grounding and rejuvenating lower-body-focused flow! 

Wrist-Friendly Desk Break Vinyasa Flow

One insecurity I have struggled with from a young age was my perception of my athletic capabilities; I have experienced a tremendous amount of self doubt surrounding what I was capable of because of a wonky left knee that likes to partially (and sometimes fully) dislocate. Out of fear of physical injury, and the emotional repercussions of a recovering dislocation that would keep me from fully participating in my life, I often limited myself with what physical activities I chose to pursue. 

Discovering yoga was life-changing for me, because it was the first time I truly got to see my physical potential for what it is. I had incredible teachers/mentors that validated my experience, and were able to see past my self-imposed  limits. With their support and the tools I picked up along the way, I slowly unlearned the self-limiting stories I had been telling myself for so long. I made the consistent choice to be curious; to be playful; to be an observer. 

Yoga empowered me to rediscover the freedom and strength of my body, mind and spirit. I teach this practice because I want to share the tools that will hopefully allow others to find a safe and loving home in their own bodies and unique journeys. 

My intention for creating this practice is to introduce more inclusive forms of movement and tools that will widen the range of students that can not only access the practice, but feel supported by it. The beauty of yoga is that it is a practice that meets you where you’re at; it can be adapted to fit your needs, and it is meant to be accessible for all bodies. 

Challenging your lower-body’s balance, mobility and flexibility, you will actively increase your joints and muscles’ ranges of movement; you will build strength in your core and lower-body through low-impact movements and postures; you will have the opportunity to slightly elevate your heart rate and energy; you will have the opportunity to ground and reconnect with the present moment. This flow is suitable for most levels, and is perfect for snapping you out of that mid-day slump! I hope this practice leaves you feeling refreshed, at peace, and inspired. 

Let me know in the comments below if you enjoy this practice and if you would like to see more videos like this one! My hope is that this practice is just the beginning of a long line of flows that address a wide variety of our community’s needs.

With love + light, 

Marina