Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Switching from Gym to Home Workouts

Hello!

I have been working out in a gym for the past 10 months. Prior to that, I had a stint of doing FB videos and programs for about two years with my 24 lb powerblocks at home. I have loved both the gym and working out at home, but I especially love the amount of strength I’ve gained from being able to workout with the variety of equipment at the gym. I’ve hit 185 on squat, 200 on deadlift, 100 on bench, and am close to getting my first pull-up! It feels amazing to be strong. I also love finally being able to see my muscles! I didn’t have that while working out at home.

All that to say, I am moving away for college in a few weeks and likely won’t have access to a gym and the equipment for the workouts I’m used to doing now. I’m thinking I will get myself 50lb Powerblocks and workout with FB from my dorm.

However, I have SO much anxiety about not lifting the same way and the same amount that I have been doing. I really, really don’t want to lose my hard work and the physical changes I’ve seen. I feel guilty about changing the way I lift for some reason. I also love the atmosphere of the gym and will miss it. I’m not sure how to feel as excited and motivated for home workouts as I used to! It feels like home workouts are looked down upon by the gym community as being far less effective.

Has anyone else made this switch from lifting heavy in the gym to lifting lighter at home? I would appreciate any advice you all may have. Thank you so much!

Edited