Perspiration Pals 4 July 2024

Hello Pals! How are you today? To all the American Pals, happy Independence Day. I hope you’ll have a nice day with your families. It’s another really lovely morning here. Light wind, blue sky and it’s not hot yet. I saw this cloud and thought I’d take a picture.

I did Day 18 of the Bodyweight program but since I didn’t particularly like the scheduled routines, I thought I’d choose a completely different one and it required dumbbells. Still, I thought my arm would be able to handle it. Well, it couldn't. It’s painful now. It didn’t really hurt while I was working out otherwise I wouldn’t have done it, obviously, but I’m a bit bummed because I can practically hear what the rheumatologist will say. I just don’t want to lose everything I worked hard for. And I miss strength training.

The IT guy hasn’t picked up my SD card yet so I’m still worried about losing a lot of stuff I can’t just replace. (I wrote I ‘lost’ my SD card but I didn’t actually lose it, I just meant that I can’t use it anymore and maybe I'll never be able to.) Also, I have quite a lot of personal stuff on it that I don’t want anyone to see. (blood test results, things like that) Anyway, enough of my stupid little problems, let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment.

Did you know that sand from the Sahara is blown by the wind all the way to the Amazon, recharging its minerals? The desert literally fertilizes the rainforest. Also, human inhabitants first settled in the Amazon rainforest at least 11,200 years ago. And did you know that the Amazon rainforest has been in existence for at least 55 million years? Bonus fact: There's a limestone cliff with over 5,000 dinosaur footprints in Bolivia, with many dating back 68 million years.

All right, Pals, I need to go now, be good and don’t forget to eat some peach. (random piece of advice)