Perspiration Pals 26 June 2024

Hello there, Pals! How are you today? I’m having a crazy week. I’m sure you haven’t heard that before… my colleague is on holiday so I have to cover for her and so far everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. But it’s Wednesday already so I’ll survive.

Let’s talk about exercise. I managed to do 15 push-ups yesterday although I must admit that the 14th and 15th might have been a little wonky. I’m doing a Bodyweight program and I’m using the medicated plaster my GP prescribed and my elbow/arm seems to be getting better but I don’t want to jinx it. I asked for an appointment with a rheumatologist via email but they haven’t got back to me yet. I’m not too worried about it. What program are you doing? Or are you free-styling?

Moving on to our fact-finder fragment, let’s have a look at some random interesting facts today. Did you know that tap water has a shelf-life of 6 months, after which chlorine dissipates and bacteria start to grow? Also, did you know in 2013, a bacteria was found in New Zealand that's resistant to every single antibiotic known? Bonus fact: Beans increase flatulence because they carry a type of sugar called "oligosaccharides", which are hard for bacteria to break down, so they release gas in the process.

All right, Pals, I need to dash, have an easy day, chat amongst yourselves and eat some fruit.