A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

R3: Day 6/30 of Cooking More and Avoiding Ultra-Processed Food

I forgot to make a post with the ending of the last round, but I went to third round!

Between the end of R2 and R3, I lost 3 inches from my hips. Still no weight change, but the weight fluctuations are within 1 lb of each other. My leg injury got better and I've been adding more cardio after Reformer, which has been great!

Downside is that it makes me hungrier. And because of more stress, I ended up ordering sandwiches and coffee nearly every day. I took a brief sabbatical and found a few things:

1. If I make a pastry item/coffee, I drink/eat less than when someone else makes it. I can actually intuitively eat baked items I make, as well as coffee. I'm leaning towards purchasing a latte machine/Nespresso since I do love chai/vanilla lattes, and it would save me much more money making it at home. Also, making baked items is far more exhausting than buying it, so I think that's why I'm better at pacing myself

2. I compulsively buy food, specifically around breakfast and lunch. It's easy to make a bowl with vegetables, meat, carbs, and cheese at dinner. I didn't realize that it's all compulsive until I started to really monitor my spending and realized that I compulsively spend on food. Has anyone been able to fix that?

I was told that to fix the compulsivity, I could plan out the days that I'll go out for coffee. I get free coffee at work, I forgot about that. It's drip coffee and not a latte, but I can make do. The coffee place is on the way to my office.

I've noticed that when I added more cardio, I get quite hungry for carbs, so I've been having more of that, which may be why I'm compulsively buying sandwiches.... literally sandwiches. I've never really liked sandwiches, but there's a sandwich store next to the Gym.

It's interesting how time management, budgeting, and sleep are all related to eating healthier! When I feel like I don't have time, I'll compulsively buy food, will get into that habit, and then I'll unconsciously do that for a while.

For next week, the goal will be to make eggs and get half and half. It's far healthier to have coffee with sugar and cream, though I do want to get a latte machine at one point - what would be the best latte machine?