Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body Reverse Pyramid

Hello hello! 

Lower Body Reverse Pyramid

In this workout, we’re taking a traditional pyramid-formatted workout and reversing it. Our 2 variables that change throughout are the interval timer and the heaviness of the weights used. You may recall this Lower Body Pyramid Sets workout from Day 1 of my Tone with Erica Challenge. Our workout today will feel very similar to this, but instead of starting with our lightest weights and longest interval, we’re starting with our shortest interval and heaviest weights. Also, the burnout is not isometrics, it’s bodyweight cardio. 

At first glance, this complex formatting may seem intimidating, but actually, not only is it fun and engaging, but it can be flexible too! With each round, and even between exercises within a round, you’ll have opportunities to adjust weights if need be. It may be the case that the first time you do this workout your weight selections don’t follow a perfect pyramid. You’ll go into it with a reasonable plan, but your body in the present moment will let you know what to do!

I liked how this workout positioned us to lift our heaviest while our muscles were freshest, a great way to make breakthroughs. Once you complete the workout, I look forward to hearing your experiences in the comments section of the workout! All other details and tips can be found in the write-up.

See you soon!

xxErica