Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! 15-Minute Core and Pelvic Floor

Hey FB Community!

I'm back with another addition to our growing body of pelvic floor content: 15-Minute Core and Pelvic Floor

It came to my attention from a member that most of our pelvic floor workouts are around 30 minutes in length and it would be nice to have a shorter option to add on to another workout. I thought the idea was fabulous! This can be used as a standalone routine as well.

We have 3 parts to this short routine in order to strengthen, stabilize, and mobilize the deepest muscles of the core:

1. Activation — Connect to your core and mobilize your spine to prepare
  2. Strength — Pair intentional breathing with movement to challenge stability
  3. Mobility — Exercises to relax the pelvic floor

The exercises are generally safe for pregnancy and postpartum, just keep an eye out for any warning signs (listed in the write-up).

I would classify this as an intermediate core and pelvic floor routine, so if you're new to pelvic floor work I highly recommend completing our Pelvic Floor for Beginners video first! You'll also learn more about the importance and function of the pelvic floor.

I personally love shorter bursts of pelvic floor work and adding some of the exercises to the warmups of my strength workouts. It makes my strength work much more effective when my core stabilizers are active! If you're new to this, I hope you'll give this a try with me and explore a new modality.

See you on the screen!

Nicole