Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Guided Practice for Prioritization

As I’m writing this, I’m having a really busy week. My baby and husband have both been sick. It is my first week starting up a new business. I am deep in the weeds of research activities. I’m having a fairly bad allergic reaction to a hornet sting. It feels like some things that are important to me typically — like exercise — are having to be moved down my list of priorities. 

Fortunately, I know that priorities are things that change constantly. They change based on context, values, relationships, and much more. The key here is to continually monitor and maintain awareness of our values and our environment while also practicing flexibility. This is way easier said than done. 

For me, this week that means I am allowing myself to be okay with shorter or less frequent workouts than normal and knowing that even though movement is a top priority in the long-run, I have other priorities (family and work) that temporarily have to come first. I know that this will change in a week or so and my environment will be more aligned with my priorities and values. If not, I can reassess. 

That is exactly what today’s practice is all about — understanding and setting priorities. How do we set and maintain priorities over time and make sure that our environment is set up to help us work toward those priorities? I would love it if you give this one a try and make it a regular so that you can be intentional about your priorities. 

Guided Practice for Prioritization

What are your priorities and how do you make decisions when they don’t align with your current situation?